CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR CHBOLC! Pictures are also on this page!
Click HERE to see the Facebook page for CHBOLC Spouses! MORE pictures are on this page as well!
This is the day that Lauren was SUPPOSED to fly out after work to visit me!
0515 – APFT Test/Diagnostic. I did well on push-ups, and cut off over a minute on my 2-mile. Sit-ups still need some work, but that shouldn't be too hard to work up.
0830 – SGL coaching: *average day of AD deployment: CH Lamb/air assault;Kuwait; March ’03 -->had 6 UMT under him--> 1st time being supervisory CH. Was more in control of his own time; followed CMDR on Blackhawks – talk to Imam (Muslim religious leader); 3-4 hrs of staff meetings; checked on BN CHs once/week --> UMT meetings; 1 month-->Div meeting; when you go active duty - prepare for downtime! Get info from S2; give history/background to soldiers/staff; be creative!
Pluralism class (CH Cline) (PPT)
202 denominations are recognized by the DoD!
-you will hear some rotten preaching in the Army, but the most important thing is to take care of soldiers, equally, etc.
What a Chaplain should NOT be:
***know, read, download AR 165-1***
*Perform or Provide*
1300 – CIMT AAR
1400 – COL Reed
1. CH who gets to know troops (visibility/gain CMDRs trust)
2. Honest feedback (face-time with CMDR; most don’t know how to use is! If you try to be the “be all” you will spend time with only 10% of Soldiers;
3. Try not to be under the XO; think outside the box! *Try to get to the left of an IED blast* = give indicator to the CMDR if you smell black smoke before the fire so issues can be avoided.
STRONG Bonds is an excellent program – be creative to secure funding! Integrate needed issues to work on into STRONG Bonds!
CSM Schmidt (HILARIOUS):
- grew up Roman Catholic
2 Types of Leaders: Enlightened and Non-Enlightened!
- build teams by being present during field events and exercises; know other religions so you can give intelligent answers!
- Bamberg Germany story…
- Plan for the death of a Soldier in your unit and to bring the CMDR around – be ready to counsel right away so the CMDR can make the right decisions
- As a CH you are on the staff and a team AND part of the formal staff
- Relationship between CH and CSM: it’s GOOD to have support of CSM - *BE AT MEETINGS*
- You are a member of the organization; you are a sounding board; you are a “friend” to the org.
- Soldiers LIE!
- Make sure your 56M does his/her DUTY!
Lauren was supposed to come in tonight – but flight was cancelled…she actually had to get off the plane because of "mechanical issues" - and she had to go home and come back the next day! It was a sad evening....
Post a Comment
Leave us a comment!